Saturday, November 23, 2013

Esther

For years I've heard the question asked "If you could have dinner with anyone, living or dead, who would it be?"
I never knew quite who to say. But now without a doubt I would say:

"Esther."

I want to ask her what it was like to stand before the king, asking him to save her people knowing he could kill her.
Was she ever aware of God's plan for her life?
Did she ever loose faith?

She seems like such an amazing woman of God! She won favor in the eyes of anyone who met her. Changed the heart of the king with kindness. She Obeyed, but stood up for what was right. She was kind, and she loved and cared for so many! But most of all I admire her courage. If I ever have the chance, I hope I can speak the words she said:
"Then I will go to the king, though it is against the law, and if I perish, I perish."
 -Esther 4:16 
She was an orphan, raised by her aunt and uncle. She was not rich, she didn't have an extraordinary upbringing. Esther was just a young woman with faith, courage, and a powerful God.

"And who knows whether you have not come to the kingdom for such a time as this?”
-Esther 4:16

Yes Esther, you were born for such a time as this.



No comments:

Post a Comment