I will no longer be posting on this site. Please visit my new blog here!
I'm really excited about the new look. See you there!
Tuesday, February 10, 2015
As you can gather from the title of this post, it’s been snowing a lot here. Starting mid-January, it started snowing and hasn't stopped since. We've had a few snow days with teaching at the house. A few times some students and I ventured out into the cold to see God’s beauty, and got some amazing pictures.
We’re in the midst of getting ready for Nepal. We've been having outreach prep on Thursday nights, and been doing various activities to raise money for outreach.
- Please pray in faith for all of our funding to be provided, as a team we are still in need of quite a bit of money. But I believe that God will be faithful to provide!
- Please also pray for team unity. We have just about a month before we leave, and we won’t be able to do all that we could if we are not unified.
- And please be praying for the people in Nepal we will be ministering to there. Pray that their hearts will be prepared to hear what we have to say.
Monday, January 19, 2015
The first week of January, we packed up the van and headed for Staten Island New York to serve for a week.
We painted, did flooring, siding, tiling, cleaning, and so many other things.
The week was filled with long days, cold weather, hard work, but lots of laughter and little moments of joy.
- I loved seeing the community come together, and see those who had plenty give to those who had little.
- One of our students got to go with a woman we worked with, and bless a family with a snow blower.
- I also got to go with her and bless a family with baby supplies for their baby being born in a few months.
- Two of the guys on our team got to talk with some of the unsaved workers about Jesus.
- There were so many little God moments all week, I'm grateful I got to be a part of it!
And of course we did some sightseeing :)
Sunday, January 18, 2015
So it's a new year… I know I'm behind, but better late than never :) I'm still having trouble writing 2015 as the year!
2015 has arrived and with it comes new possibilities, memories, and adventures. As much as that excites me, I also don't want to forget all that God did in 2014.
This past year has been filled with trials and hardships, but also with joy and laughter.
Getting to spend time with longtime friends, and start new friendships.
I got to travel with friends!
"Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen." –Ephesians 3:20-21