Thursday, May 1, 2014

Ready to fly away.

This September I will be staffing at 360 Maine!! 360 Maine is a Youth With A Mission (YWAM) affiliate but is a little different, working closer with the local church. Visit their website to learn more.

You may remember I did my YWAM DTS (Discipleship Training School) in Wisconsin over a year ago. The directors of 360 Maine were there at the same time training under Madison’s director. I have seen their heart for this mission and after much prayer have decided to join them for a two year term. Some of my responsibilities include mentoring students, other various tasks, and a two month outreach overseas. God has laid this passion on my heart and I can’t wait to see what He has in store! 


Here's the story of how I got here: Ever since I returned home from my DTS I had this restless feeling. I struggled with it, looking for a job only finding a few temporary positions. I kept feeling like there was something else. For months I fought and tried to bury that feeling but it wouldn't go away. 

So I finally asked God about it. He gave me the word "Youth." I wasn't quite sure what that meant, so I continued to wait on God to make it clear. At that same time I was asked to help lead a girls weekend, it reminded me a bit of a mini DTS. I LOVED it!! It was so amazing, it was all the things I love; God, youth, and worship. It also gave me more confidence in my leadership skills. 

I continued to search for a job and get involved at my church until one day I saw that 360 Maine was looking for staff, and it just dawned on me! God gave me this passion for youth, He's been involving me in things to help me prepare to staff, He hasn't led me to a job for a reason. What do I have to lose?

So I applied and here I am! 
I realized that I tried to go back to "normal" life after my DTS because being a full time missionary honestly scared me, I didn't think that was something I could ever do.
But God has been teaching me more about myself and who He's created me to be, and what He can do through me. 
God has given me a passion for youth, but I didn't known what to do with it. I guess was been trying to do what was "expected" of me, but it just never felt right. But now that I've applied and been accepted I am beyond excited! I'm not scared anymore. I can't wait to see where this crazy adventure with God will go next! All I know is it will be great because He will be there, and that's all I need. He makes me brave!
"You make me brave, You called me beyond the shore into the waves, You make me brave, No fear can hinder now the promises You've made."

2 comments:

  1. May God bless this next adventure in your life, Emily, and bring about some amazing things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Julie!

    ReplyDelete