Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Slave



Something that changed me on outreach was in the form of a sweet little girl we called monkey.
Going to India I knew I had a heart for children, but going to the brothels scared me. When we walked into the brothels for the first time it was crowded, smelled bad, and the stairways up into the building where we would be teaching in were steep, small and dark. When I went one morning for ministry I didn't know what to expect, we arrived to teach preschool and a little girl walked in the room and changed my life. She, in the midst of one of the darkest places on earth has this amazing joy about her. We called her monkey because she loved to be held so much she would basically climb up you to be there. I remember the first day I met her she took my hands in hers and began to jump, I would pull her up so she would fly higher. She laughed and never wanted me to stop. She always sat in our laps, and she loved to kiss our cheeks.
That sweet little girl in an Indian brothel stole my heart forever.
The sad part of her story is that she is still in the brothels. She is neglected by her mother, each time she came for preschool she was hungry, thirsty, and needed to use the restroom. She always came in with the same dirty clothes. Growing up in the brothels her destiny is to be a prostitute.
We are God’s plan to save children and woman like her. Maybe we can’t go, but our prayers are just as powerful, and God is still at work in their lives. 



Around 27 million people are enslaved around the world. It's time we stopped pretending that if we don't know about it, it's not happening. That's a lie! It's going on right now! Here and around the world!

Here is one of the many ways to get involved. http://www.enditmovement.com/ 


"Together we must shine a light to every of the globe and help build a world in which no one is enslaved." -Hillary Rodham Clinton

No comments:

Post a Comment